The United Fresh Start Foundation has three volunteer committees to help advance the mission of our organization.
School Foodservice Committee
The School Foodservice Committee is focused on the Foundation’s work related to schools and school meals. This committee:
- Oversees our cornerstone program to provide salad bars to schools
- Helps to develop opportunities to educate school foodservice directors and the produce industry about the procurement of fresh fruits and vegetables in schools
- Explores the needs for research and training to enhance all facets of the produce/school foodservice supply chain
View the School Foodservice Committee Roster.
New Opportunities Committee
The New Opportunities Committee is focused on outlets and venues outside of schools, to increase children’s access to fresh produce. This committee:
- Evaluates how the foundation can maximize our impact to expand access to fresh produce in venues outside of schools
- Examines opportunities to expand fresh produce to reach the neediest of children through government nutrition programs, such as WIC, summer feeding programs and non-traditional points of access
- Explores new ways to reach children and teens, making fresh produce choices not only more accessible, but more desirable
View the New Opportunities Committee Roster.
The Fundraising Committee provides support and guidance on all fundraising efforts to help the Foundation meet its financial goals. This committee:
- Helps develop, plan, promote and execute fundraising activities
- Coordinates outreach to donors, raising funds to support the Foundation’s mission
View the Fundraising Committee Roster.
Are you interested in serving on a Foundation committee? Contact Victoria Backer, Executive Vice President, at 202.303.3408!