The United Fresh Start Foundation has named members of the newly formed FreshStart 2019 Advisory Committee. These industry leaders will work with the Foundation staff to ensure the success of FreshStart 2019, the Foundation’s annual event bringing together attendees from across the industry to work together to increase children’s access to fresh produce, taking place January 15-17, 2019 at the La Quinta Resort & Club in La Quinta, CA.
“The Foundation succeeds only through the support and involvement of our industry’s leaders,” said United Fresh President & CEO Tom Stenzel. “This year’s FreshStart Advisory Committee members, along with the commitment of our Board of Trustees and our long-standing advocates and supporters, will help us ensure the continued success of the Foundation in increasing kids’ access to fresh produce.”
FreshStart 2019 Advisory Committee:
- David Rajkovich, Giant Eagle Markets – Golf Tournament Chair
- Michael Muzyk, Baldor Specialty Foods – Auction Chair
- Kim St. George, Mann Packing Company – Gala Dinner Chair
- Alex DiNovo, DNO Inc. – Conference Chair
- Helena Beckett, Tanimura & Antle
- Claudia Pizarro-Villalobos, D’Arrigo Brothers of California
- Gabriela D’Arrigo, D’Arrigo Bros. Co. of New York
- Kent Ford, Taylor Farms Tennessee, Inc.
- Jessica Harris, Earthbound Farm
- Jenny Maloney, Bayer Crop Science
- Tony Mitchell, Caito Foods Service, Inc.
- Amy Simeri McClellan, Martin’s Super Markets
FreshStart 2019 kicks-off Tuesday, January 15 with our annual golf tournament followed by the“Bids for Kids”auction and gala dinner honoring Ron Carkoski, President & CEO of Four Seasons Family of Companies, with United Fresh’s Lifetime Achievement Award. Wednesday morning will feature a keynote breakfast and conference helping members find business growth opportunities by connecting with schools and community groups serving our next generation of produce customers.
To register for FreshStart 2019, visit www.unitedfreshstart.org. The event is open to all United Fresh members for $200, with a non-member rate of $400. Participation in the United Fresh Golf Tournament is $300. For questions, contact Kate Olender, Senior Director, Health & Wellness at email@example.com or 202-303-3420.