The Gift of Time
The month of December
Share Time and Expertise
During the Season of Giving Back, industry members will have the opportunity to be paired with community and non-profit leaders seeking guidance from produce industry experts so that they can better serve those who rely on their services during the holiday season and beyond.
In a survey to our non-profit community partners, stakeholders indicated the following areas to be of most interest:
• Local and/or small-volume deliveries
• Produce storage, handling, and temperature control
• Merchandising, including sourcing education and promotional materials about fresh produce
• Purchasing and procurement processes, including produce grade standards, pricing, and availability
• Food safety requirements
• Value-added and convenience options
Ways to get involved
Industry members can provide their professional expertise to nonprofits across the country looking to increase access and consumption of fresh produce for kids and their families.
Non-profit organizations interested in receiving assistance from United Fresh volunteers can complete a brief form that will allow us to connect you to a fresh produce industry leader with expertise that aligns with your needs.
For more information, contact Mollie Van Lieu, United Fresh’s Senior Director, Nutrition Policy, at 202.303.3403.